Ramblings of a disused brain

Saturday 24 January 2009

The customary "Why I started blogging" post

I follow so many blogs that I only need to log onto Google Reader every 5 minutes to find a new post, yet, despite the fact that I used to enjoy writing, I didn't have a blog for myself.
Ask me why and I have a well rehearsed and oft used line, "I can't find that creative spark". The real reason is that I don't want to think, the mind has become rusty and unused (hence the title of the blog, there, I've justified the title, just like they do in Tamil movies!). The only writing I've been doing for the past few years has been writing reports, boring, straight faced reports - reports that are as boring as...well, me!
Marriage brought about a change in me. No, its got nothing to do with inspiration and being in love, I'm talking about the marriage itself. So many hilarious incidents happened that there is no way I'm going to give up so many chances to kick start that brain and let the creative juices flow!

There is a more profound reason why I've taken to blogging - famous people have blogs, simple! You see, my wedding was celebrated with a lot of pomp and gaiety so much so that the next time I went to Chidambaram, I was actually recognised by a total stranger who remembered me from the banners and came and spoke to me. That makes me famous. Period. Famous people have blogs. Yet another period.
This is the first post and therefore will be kept brief, stay tuned...
P. S.:- Feels like I just lifted a weight off me, having confessed to my laziness :)

2 comments:

  1. Nice Blog Maama....you were just lucky we did not allow your nieces and nephew accompany you when you visited your in-laws!! We discussed this and said 'Poor guy is going to see some respect for the first time in his rough life...so let's let him get some!!!

    Funny narration....

    ReplyDelete