Ramblings of a disused brain

Sunday 28 March 2010

The bike of my dreams...or not

I've always been a bit of a dreamer. Dreams of both the day and night variety have visited me while I've been awake and while I've been sleeping.

I've always had some recurring theme to my dreams - either I'm falling endlessly or some such thing. I've rarely been surprised by my dreams, until last night.

Last night, I dreamt about riding my scooter. Nothing out of the ordinary here. However, the strange thing was that I noticed that the ride was distinctly bumpy and not comfortable at all. Rough road or a road in India, one might helpfully deduce. No. When I looked at the 'road of my dreams', it was a road that one can only dream about, clean, blackish grey, freshly laid and smooth as a Persian carpet. This led keen ol' me to take a peep under my scooter and I instantly found out the source of the bumpy ride. The wheels were square and I was bouncing along end on end, resulting in aforementioned ride quality.

I've heard that all dreams signify something. I cannot, for the life of me, understand why I would 'reinvent the wheel' and ride on square wheels. If this signifies that I will find a new way of doing something that's been done in a particular way for eons, I am worried. On several fronts. Square wheels are a pretty lousy form of locomotion and if this is indicative of a 'new way of doing something' then I can be sure its not a very suitable way of doing it, unless the objective is to ensure all users of said new method have suicide wishes and a few extra bones hanging about just to rattle and break. It's not at all efficient, I tell you.

I have been trying to make head of tail of this since the time I had it and I am not very happy to report that I am no closer to finding out even remotely why I would have such an 'innovative' dream.

So here's a call to all expert dream interpret my dream and give me ONE good reason why I should dream about square wheels. Thank you very much.

1 comment:

  1. Ahha...maybe it is the subconscious ticking you off for showing off too much with that new burger of yours. OR, it could mean you are going to invent the boxy wheels that take off on bumps and become flying contraptions, and they become famous. Bumpy roads are the next fashion, and at this point, I swoop in and tell the world that my brother invented the what-ever-it-is-called.

    ReplyDelete