Ramblings of a disused brain

Monday 9 March 2009

Don't put word in my mouth(s)

I suppose its fair to assume that all readers of this blog are familiar with my grand entry into my role as a "grahasthan" or married bloke.

With the said entry, I also decided to do two more things:

  1. start blogging
  2. advertise decision 1 to near and dear and basically anyone who cared to listen.
Big mistake. I admit I am guilty of shouting from roof tops that one should be consistent in what one does and that the mark of an active blog is the number of posts made in it each week. I know, I know, I am stupid.

I was in fact so cocky about my new found(again) love for writing that I even taunted a fellow blogger and incidentally, my sister, so much about not being an "active" blogger etc., that she joined forces with my wife and decided to rub it in just a wee bit. The result: a noise not different from the one emitted by that annoying character in the Simpsons movie - Nelson who goes ha-ha, ha-ha much to Bart Simpson's "predicament".

What had happened, in reality, is that I had hit a terrible case of writer's block. I hate to admit that this was no ordinary block, considering it partnered with a certain Mr. V Lazy to make matters worse.

Ergo, this post is to clarify to skeptics amongst us that by no means are my first few posts a flash in the pan. I will belt out new posts every so often, stay tuned.*

Boy do I sound like a politician or what!!! I'm proud of myself.



The small print
  1. * in order to avoid any further doubt, I hereby clarify that by use of the term "every so often" and "being regular", what I really mean is a sum total in the region of 25 posts a year.
  2. what this small print is effectively trying to convey is that no further ha-ha's will be entertained until re-evaluation of the performance of this blog on 9 March 2010.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely, you can but you must pursue it, despite adverse conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And exactly what adverse conditions is Ms G referring to? I suppose it is hard to eat too much good food, have too much love in the world, and have too much time!!

    Come on buddy - I am counting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fully agree with Gayathri's comment that one must pursue one's mission despite adverse conditions. Does she not pursue her cullinery skills despite adverse conditions now that she has her Anand to see the outcome of her preparations?
    - An anonymous well wisher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude, you have a flair for humour. I do really hope that you continue blogging

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Manohar: Thanks, I indend to continue blogging (as proof, I've belted out another post, if a 14 day delay can be called belting!)

    ReplyDelete